All Collections
Home finance.
Who is responsible for paying the solicitor fees?
Who is responsible for paying the solicitor fees?

You are solely responsible for paying both party's solicitor fees. Here is a breakdown of what this is likely to cost.

Updated over a week ago

If you are purchasing a residential property under Pfida’s Home Provision Scheme, you are solely responsible for both party’s solicitor fees.

You can expect to pay up to £1400 + VAT and disbursements to cover the costs of our solicitors. The charge for disbursements is for sending funds via transfer and registering documents.

To get an understanding of what your solicitor fees are likely to cost, we recommend sourcing quotes from multiple solicitors so you have an idea of the average fee before deciding which solicitor suits your needs and budget.

For our solicitor costs, you will need to pay the fee up front, at the point that our solicitor engages.

Can you recommend any solicitors?

We cannot recommend any specific solicitors, however upon request, we can provide a list of solicitors who have previously represented some of our customers. Please get in touch with us if you would like us to provide you with this.

If you would like to use a solicitor of your choice, please let us know, as they will need to meet our criteria before we can approve them. Your chosen solicitor would need to be reputable and have:

  • a minimum of 3 directors or partners

  • a minimum of 3 years trading

  • and be listed on the SRA website

Please be aware, the process may take a little longer if you choose a solicitor that is unfamiliar with our product.

Did this answer your question?